Saturday, January 3, 2009
House Hunting 101
So we went house hunting today. We saw a couple of potential houses we liked, but each has it's pro's and con's. I have some knowledge due to being in the industry before, and Jeff is just learning. It can be overwhelming, such as the one house that apparently the owners hadn't been home for 10 days (per the neighbors), and had shut their cat in the garage with a big bowl of food that was gone, and water was gone too. The poor kitty had overflowed the litter box, and was going all over the garage as well. Luckily we showed up as another agent was leaving, and he informed us of this before we all walked in. I let Jeff and the agent go by themselves, and then they gave me the all clear to come look at the upstairs at least, where it wasn't stinky and gross. It was a big house for the price, but I wonder about the garage and basement clean up that will have to happen...poor kitty! Jeff was nauseous for a while after that one, as he and the agent had gone downstairs before I came in. We saw another one later that stunk like mildew so bad that I was gagging too...lol We saw another home that I really like, but we want to look some more before writing an offer. Hopefully we can find the right house soon, so we can move before I can't do anything anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment